Go / Backend Engineer
Picolo is a well-funded pre-launch startup by two ex-Google engineers in SF Bay area. The startup is building a fully decentralized distributed data network to support Web 3.0 apps. The technology is disruptive to incumbent Web 2.0 applications such as Facebook/Twitter/Google/Snapchat while also supporting applications built for blockchains such as Ethereum. Checkout our whitepaper at https://picolo.network/paper.
If this sounds exciting to you, read on !
What you will be doing
- Build a decentralized network of nodes storing shards of data to be shared in a peer to peer network.
- Design decentralized app SDKs and API's to handle sensitive and confidential data.
- Design, architect, develop, and implement a premier decentralized network on blockchain that allows for strong data security, excellent control of data, ease of integration, reduction of cost and creation of new profit centers.
- Integrate with apps built on Ethereum with Solidity / smart contracts, also work with Golang, Python and ReactJS.
- Craft a decentralized solution to a typically centralized problem from the ground up.
- Develop models within distributed computing frameworks.
- Maintain a well-tested codebase with continuous integration.
What you need for this position
- Experience in Go, building backends on Google Cloud/AWS/Azure
- Experience with continuous integration tools, git, test driven development. Experience launching backends is a plus.
- Basic understanding of networking concepts, distributed systems and basic concepts in database such as SQL, NoSql.
- Experience with Ethereum is a plus.
What's in it for you
- Extensive Medical Coverage - health, dental, vision.
- Competitive salary package with early stage equity.
- All standard SF bay area startup perks.
- Flexible work hours. Come in at 1pm and leave at 9pm? You got it.
- Remote work option. Fancy traveling and working? You got it.
Email your resume or linkedin/github profiles to: [email protected]